Tuesday 3 January 2012

Blondes have more fun?

All my life I've been an anti-blonde. You see I was born with jet black hair and have had dark as night sky locks for most of my life, I have dabbled with colour on numerous occasions; I've been scarlet red, coppery ginger, bright orange, purple, dark blue, auburn, mousy brown, chocolate brown...the list goes on. But I've never been blonde. I couldn't imagine being a blonde. I did bleach my hair once back in high school to try and achieve a lighter red but it burnt and itched and I wonder WHY people do this to themselves?!

That is, until this summer. I couldn't resist the bleach bottle any longer so I threw away my brunette uniform and I finally took the plunge, I went against every grain of sanity in my body and transformed my midnight black hair to golden blonde. And believe me, I was insane to do it. The bleach destroyed my hair, I lost inches trying to achieve sun like hair, it was literally snapping off when I ran my finger through it. Not to mention how much it cost;I'm guessing with the at home bleach kits, trips to the hair dressers, hair cuts, new extensions, etc it came near to the £300 mark. Tragic I know.

But thank god! It was all worth it. Going blonde has been an eye opening experience. I've had to stop wearing pink because I look like Barbie but now I can wear head to toe black without looking like a goth. I get approached by different types of men and girls seem to be more standoffish....than usual. I have loved every second of being blonde but I shall be returning to the dark side very soon, getting back to my roots. Pun not intended.


From this....
To this...

No comments:

Post a Comment