Tuesday 27 November 2012

Nicki Minaj - The Re-up

So if you know me then you will be fully aware I'm a Nicki Minaj fan. I think she's a genius. When her album, Roman Reloaded came out this earlier this year in April, I was slightly disappointed. There was the usual mix of good flows and dance songs but nothing really stood out, although Va Va Voom is one of my favorites she has ever done.

Nicki recently re-released the album with an extra 8 songs and I'm so happy she did.

With the 'Re-up' Nicki goes back to her roots with the kind of raps that actually have a meaning behind them.
In general I think the quality of the songs on Re-up is amazing compared to the original album. It feels like a lot of time and effort went into the lyrics and the tracks behind them and it all comes together beautifully.

I'm really impressed with this album relaunch and I hope that Nicki stays with this theme instead of the whole 'Stupid Hoe' thing. The stand out track for me has to be 'Freedom' which has a real sincere feel to it and I can see 'I'm legit' being played loudly when I'm getting ready for a night out, even if she does say she has a famous anus.




 Check out the full "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded -- The Re-Up" track list below

Disc One 
1. "Up in Flames" 
2. "Freedom" 
3. "Hell Yeah" (ft. Parker) 
4. "High School" (ft. Lil Wayne) 
5. "I'm Legit" (ft. Ciara) 
6. "I Endorse These Strippers" (ft. Tyga & Thomas Brinx) 
7. "The Boys" (ft. Cassie) 
8. "Va Va Voom" 

Disc Two 
1. "Roman Holiday" 
2. "Come On a Cone" 
3. "I Am Your Leader" (ft. Cam'ron & Rick Ross) 
4. "Beez in the Trap" (ft. 2 Chainz) 
5. "HOV Lane" 
6. "Roman Reloaded" (ft. Lil Wayne) 
7. "Champion" (ft. Nas, Drake & Young Jeezy) 
8. "Right By My Side" (ft. Chris Brown) 
9. "Sex in the Lounge" (ft. Lil Wayne & Bobby V) 
10. "Starships" 
11. "Pound the Alarm" 
12. "Whip It" 
13. "Automatic" 
14. "Beautiful Sinner" 
15. "Marilyn Monroe" 
16. "Young Forever" 
17. "Fire Burns" 
18. "Gun Shot" (ft. Beenie Man) 
19. "Stupid Hoe" 

The Re-up is out now

No comments:

Post a Comment